Occasionally our app may run into problems sending your message, and it will be stuck in the outbox as a result. Below, you can find a few common outbox errors, as well as suggestions for troubleshooting those issues:
A stable connection to the server could not be established:
- Ensure you have adequate reception and a strong data signal.
- Connect to a reliable wifi network and try sending the message again. Full bars don't necessarily indicate a reliable connection, so please ensure your bandwidth speeds are fast by running this test.
- If you're sending an attachment that's large in size, it may be causing your network to timeout. Please try resizing/compressing the attachment and then trying again.
- Ensure you're using the correct username/password combination for your email account by logging in outside of Edison Mail, preferably through your provider's webmail access (ex: gmail.com, aol.com, yahoo.com, etc.)
- If your account has 2-factor authentication enabled (sometimes referred to as "2-Step") you will likely need to generate (and use) an app-specific password (AKA "app-password") to connect your account to Edison Mail. Here's a few examples: